Sunday, June 27, 2004

The Rapture/Ascension

This is probably a guilty pleasure and a distraction on my part, but I love to read these New Age Websites talking about how these are the times that the prophets have been talking about. I love to read these things because they sort of help me be grateful for the life I have.

Some of them counsel us to "do nothing and wait for the ascension." I don't know. I feel that I need to care for this amazing planet I have incarnated on. Living in New York City, I'm not sure exactly how best to do that. I've been thinking I should git on out of ol' Nooyawk. But I must say that this past spring was the most gorgeous I'd ever seen.

Perhaps it arises solely from my getting abstinent from sugar and flour, or maybe it's because I turned 40 a few months ago, but I have become alive to seasonal changes. I've even become alive to the cross-quarter times of Imbolc (Feb. 2), Beltane (May 1), Lammas (August 1) and Halloween. I actually feel those times are the emotional and psychic beginnings of spring, summer, fall and winter respectively. This would explain why the Solstices and Equinoxes are referred to as midseasonal. (Midsummer = Summer Solstice.)

Of course it's affected my attention to food choices. I'm eating summer foods now--summer squash & purslane amongst other choices. I miss some of the fall/winter foods such as winter squash, root vegetables and Brussels sprouts. But the seasons do offer different choices.

Anyway, to return to the Rapture/Ascension: It's come to my attention that meditation actually gets our bodies and brains to "vibrate at a higher frequency." Wayne Dyer talks of this in a couple of his books. Theoretically I would surmise it's possible that the vibrations could take us beyond the third dimension? I have become very open to multidimensionality because of my change in eating and my new focus on things spiritual.

Even so, I figure that paying attention to others is also key, because I'm also informed that studies show that when someone gives another person service, not only do the serotonin levels of the server and the served rise, but so too do the serotonin levels of observers. One time a friend suggested a way to get out of a funk would be to go to a deli, buy a flower and give it to the first person I saw. I did this, and the result was an amazing lift in my mood. I now look for all sorts of opportunities to be useful, even if all it is is talking to the trees. (They like it when we notice them.)

(I posted this already but I realized I probably have more to say about this topic. So to be continued. . .

No comments: