Monday, October 11, 2004

Slog slog slog

Life's been interesting the past few days. I've been drawing a Tarot Card each day, as a means of putting my finger in the flow of life to see what energies are around me. The card that keeps coming up is the 7 of Swords, which is a card about deceit. For me, it seems to be about having to deal with all these mewling voices seeking to "get" something, if not from me, from someone, something outside themselves. Today's card is The Hanged Man. In a walking meditation to work tonight, Hermes and Hestia told me I needed to hold on and trust them through the next patch. Cerridwen, Dian-y-Glas and of all goddesses Hecate appeared to bind their energies into the contract for good measure.

It's October. The election, if it's really to happen, is about 3 weeks away. This is a damn good time for some "surprise" that's really no surprise to occur. I have become recently aware of how many unhinged people there are around me. I do work occasionally with one of them, but I also sense there are "unhinged" individuals who are ostensibly on my side of things as well. I'm not talking so much about other Pagans, though I'm positive they exist. Just looking at my own curious brand of sanity/insanity, I know most of us are "Edge-dancers," and sometimes we slice ourselves up on that razor blade of reality. Amongst activist types in general, there's a bit of extremity. But there's also calculation and reason as well. I hope I can find myself in the places where reason and action coalesce, where magical transformation has a real benefit.

All I can say is I think something's to happen this week. My card for the day is The Hanged Man, and the card for yesterday was The Chariot. I've had quite a few major arcana since October 1, when I drew the Moon. All of them seem to indicate that it's important to keep centered through whatever is to come next. The Hanged Man tells me that I can still find luxury and joy in my experience, no matter what it is. There's so many possibilities, I don't know what's to happen just yet. Though when it does, I have the curious premonition I'll be saying "Oh, of course! Why didn't I think of that? But it's still not going to work." (I'll be amongst the many people out there aspecting Hermione Granger, donchaknow.)

I'll be thinking of you. I wish you luck, and in the spirit of my recognizing the Goddess in you, I feel you wish it back to me.

We are all one.

No comments: