Saturday, October 23, 2004

Still haven't felt like posting much.

I take it this is only a short phase I'm going through, but I just don't seem to have a lot of interest in spewing my thoughts out. It's not like I don't think I have any thought to share. I'll share this much: I really have come to see that everyone on this planet has a lesson to teach, even if a goodly chunk of Americans seem to be in thrall to some sickness called "Republicanism." All of the individuals I've met who are either confused about who to vote for or who are damn sure they're voting for the pResident Select seem ill-in-the-head to me, the same way my dad was both when he was dry and when he drank. They remind me so much of my father, actually. I seem to have been able to turn the corner about that, and it might have something to do with seeing my Mom turn the corner regarding my being gay. There's a lot that's happened in the past few months, and I really should be sharing it with whoever wishes to listen. But I've been rather mesmerized by Dian-y-Glas (pronounced "John-ee-gloss" from what I gather) and Cerridwen in their interactions with me.

When you're entertaining Gods and Goddesses, it's a bit of of a comedown to try and gather my thoughts for a blog. Not that it's easy--Cerridwen has me returning to a script I started to write before I started working legal. I re-read it and saw that I've really changed as a person and as a writer, but that even when I was in the throes of my addiction, I could tap into tear-provoking anguish. There were snatches of Mutable Grand Cross which I couldn't believe I wrote. And some of the best material was in the script I thought had the most problems! Interesting. (Cerridwen and Dian-y-Glas both forbid me from reading the first segment of MGC. I think I understand why.)

Anyway, that's a little teaser of what's going on. More will come eventually, but I think I'll probably have to put it together bit by bit.

No comments: