Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Medicine Walk

I'm going away again! Seems only a week ago that I was at Winter Witch Camp, but now I'm going upstate to do a Medicine Walk, which is a modified form of a Vision Quest. I'll be eating less for 3 days, then fasting on day #4 for 24 hours. (Means I skip just two meals--dinner Saturday to dinner Sunday.) I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a bit apprehensive. I've never done anything like this before, I don't know what to expect. It may not sound like much--I'm going to stay in a motel for those days, and even on day #4, when I plan to rise before dawn and get to the State Park near sun-up, I'm going to pack it in when the sun starts to go down. I'm curious what sorts of things may come to me up there on the St. Lawrence River. Should be interesting, whatever happens.

No comments: