Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Popelah

I don't really know where I stand about the death of an 84 year-old man while all these other people are clutching their breasts in "grief." I put the word in quotes because I'm not convinced a lot of it is genuine. There are some really bizarre ideas floating around out there. I take it that the Pope, who I thought was ultraconservative, was seen as a raving wild-eyed liberal by some uneducated pundits. (Is that redundant?) To be sure, there were the right words spoken about labor issues, about international relations and about elevating peace above all else. But the divisiveness of this powerful politician within his own bailiwick together with his silence about the priestly abuse-of-power issues symbolized by the pedophilia scandal do also combine to mar his stint at this helm of the war-bark. "One of the best 13th century minds, laid to rest" as a co-worker quipped.

I'm curious to see who the next Pope will be. I surmise that, should they choose someone from South America, Asia or Africa, we'll be seeing an even more entrenched opposition to modernity/post-modernity and toward the coming earth changes that our unsustainable ways of life are leading to. Mother Earth is getting ready to turn over a lot of that dross whether we do so or not. I'm inclined to go along with Gaian flow as it were, but we have various people at different stages of cognitive development who are straining to force their points-of-view upon everyone else. "Screw acceptance," they seem to be saying. "Fuck the spiritual and the soulful! We've got all the playing pieces so we'll tell you what's 'spiritual'!" Ullshit-bay. We have a saying in the 12 Step Rooms that applies to all people regardless of their ego-state: "Let go or get dragged." It may have taken the church 500 years to grudgingly acknowledge that Galileo was right. It may take another 400 years for the church to acknowledge that homosexuality is a con natura, not contra natura. Or not--maybe the Ossifitution won't be around then. Who knows? But the thing about change and moving from one state into another--I don't like to call it "progress" necessarily, because sometimes what seems like progress is backsliding and vice versa--we are each waking up to our own value as spiritual beings in material bodies. We do this in our own way, on our own time. And so-called "lower energies" as embodied in the first three chakras are as holy in their expression as the 7th chakra of spiritual revelation.

The Church as it stands today seems to be stuck in that 7th chakra, while insisting the rest of us stay stuck in the first. The Second chakra where we find our desire nature and sexuality is a gateway to higher chakras, and if we are all stuck in survival mode--and what a poor manifestation of the 1st Chakra at that--then the powers that be have no challenges to consolidate their "empires of the mind." But in this rather short galactic age (if I understand the Mayan calendar correctly, we are in a very compressed section of history that precedes an even more compressed year of daily change from 2011 to 2012), then we will most likely witness the attempt to consolidate followed by its necessary implosion.

The thing that I keep observing about the craziness around us all though, is how like drunks most of these people are. I look at their pictures, and I wonder just what drug they are each on. I guess Ann Coulter's drugs of choice are cigarettes and Chardonnay, if David Brock is to be believed. I would imagine that Tom DeLay's is money and whatever it is he buys with it. I'd imagine that Cheney's is force itself, which is a distortion of true power. I think of other people I know who are in the clutches of "Red-state-itis". One of them drinks. Another one seems to be in denial, and may be an enabler extraordinaire. I think my Mom has a thing for closet drunks. She'll come up with some corkers all right.

One other comment: I see there are lots of people who label J2P2 as "a holy man." I would agree with this, but so too dear reader are you a holy person. I am a holy person. Michael Jackson is a holy man. Ann Coulter is a holy woman/man. We each one of us are sacred gifts, and while that is sometimes a difficult thing to swallow, no one is truly a demon really. We need to shine our loving lights on everyone for we are as much that which we seek as we are that which we despise. Does this mean to turn doormat to these people who would take away our rights? I think not. Compassion isn't service unless it also serves us. Compassion seems to be something that sometimes does require that we resolutely fight for ourselves sometimes. Because we are really fighting for the others as well, whether they know it or not. I for one am not sure that we can go through our legal and judicial systems any longer. Somehow I think the key lies in local controls, in lots of people everywhere just deciding "pfffft! I can't take this anymore, I can't make this work anymore, I just need to let go and let the/a God/dess." Rather than be pushed around or put up a resistance, to just stop. Get together with other tired folk who have had enough and just slump together. I guess you could call it an "Exhaust-In." But aren't we all tired of worrying, of overworking, of being taken advantage of? Can we at some point wake up to the understanding that we get reciprocity when we give reciprocity, and really take it seriously the idea to "let it begin with me?" For we are all capable of magnificence, my friends.

Let it begin with me, whatever that means.

No comments: