Thursday, November 09, 2006

2 Cups Hades Bear (My Mayan Birthday)

Also known as 6 Cimi, aka Death, but also known as "Transformer" and "World Bridger."

Couple thoughts about the election. I don't know what to think, honestly. Part of me is so underwhelmed, and part of me is relieved the democrats won. In the long run I don't think it makes a lot of difference though. I have been musing about whether "political power" is an oxymoron. The metaphor that comes to mind is that it's sort of like my allowance I got as a child from my parents if I did my chores. And there were all sorts of things my controlling parents built in to the system to get what they wanted, but essentially I was an underpaid slave. I'm like, "oh gee, great I get a vote, huh? Can I have $5.25 more now?"

My boyfriend give me a bit of a hard time about the fact I'm not registered. I conveniently let it slip my mind, but since I got suckered into voting in the 2004 election, I'm not sure I want to go back to that place again.

In that dismal event, I remember trying to send up a wish-bird to help John Kerry stay the course in challenging the fraud in Ohio. When I sent the bird up into the air, I fully expected it to head in a generally northeasterly direction. Instead, I sensed the bird got "batted" southwards. In fact, I sort of felt that it "popped", because he had of course already made his decision. My effort at sending him some positive intention was for naught. When it came out that he had conceded the "dyslection," I marveled at the event of my wishbird pfffftning into zilchhood. I simply knew, and realized this is all cuntnoise signifying vapors--the demicans and the republocrats are nothing but oligarchs and reptiles.

The other night I was at Valentine's on New Scotland Road and was gratified to hear that Dan Wilcox is someone who also sees that voting is a sham. He has a great little poem inspired by Allen Ginsberg, the title of which I can't remember. But the chorus is "Don't vote, don't vote, don't vote, don't vote, don't vote--it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax!" He doesn't know how grateful I am to have heard him perform that lovely piece! I start to feel a bit lonely out here in this corporate wilderness in which I half-heartedly partake. I pray for imagination to be able to move into the world beyond my wildest imaginings.

Four of my poems are published in "Other: Six" by Albany Poets. In my mind, it's really two--Toxicities #1, #2 and #3 are part of a seven-part poem, and I'll send them the other four for the next issue. In the meantime, I'm looking into learning more about shamanism. Jody's sister is being trained in that stuff, and I'm thinking there's something there for me. Don't exactly know what it is, but I read about something I need to do for myself. Once I perform these exercises inside sacred space, I will report what I learn.

Regardless of whatever else, sacred space is molto importante. I carry myself in a sacred bubble every day. That's what I see anyway. I make it thus.

I hope I can blog more. My energy right now is all over the place. Today is a burner day, of course, it being my Mayan Birthday and all. Still, I'm excited to be in this place and grateful to be alive and to have the awarenesses and interests and intentions I do.

In Lak'Ech.
Many Blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many calories do I need in a day? To learn more, please visit Weight Loss