Monday, December 04, 2006

6 Swords Freyja Iguana - Blognomie

Haven't really felt like showing up to this ol' blog much lately. I go through cycles, and I recognize I'm in a hibernation mode.

Anyway, here's a poem I wrote and I hope to write 3 or 4 more of these:

Happy Christmas Poem #1
Let’s pronounce the word with a Spanish “c!”
“Deathember” would seem the best utterance
of the twelfth month’s name to fit its own taste
of festivity. Yes, we do protest
cherry and kelly favor as pretense
for that fantastical warm glow imagined
de los Navidades gone by, homes
revisited and remembered, faultless.
As if parents, siblings, various loved
ones never screamed a red rage, nor green eyes
envious, dripping venom, comparing
inside their tormented and holy minds
their own paltry gifts with that state-of-the-art
I-don’t-know-what, be-belled and be-whistled
sitting ’neath the Christmas tree, its label
addressed “To Shawn From Santa.” Oh, all the
“But what about me’s?” that dance in their heads
Indeed, remember the brave front put up
when Dad gave Mom a broom, promptly thrown out
into the snow, with Dad soon following?
Oh, certainly—a gay old time had by
all, right? Nothing to watch here, kiddle-kids!
“Merry Christmas?” my ass! Better to say
“It’s rough out there, call if you need back up.”

No comments: