Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Two more links

The first one is the latest alert from Karen Bishop. The second (referred to in the column) answers something inside me, the same thing that Big Eden answered.

http://whatsuponplanetearth.com/latest.html

http://whatsuponplanetearth.com/ViewOfTheNewWorld.html

In any case, I'm conscious today of the necessity to put my energy into the positive. I do focus on the negative so much, and perhaps its because I care. Perhaps it's because I see how we are all connected, and that I don't see it as idealism to try to ameliorate the effects of my actions and so make the decision to choose differently so that others may benefit. When I see people I care about and adore making choices based on fear and a willful murkiness that occludes their own hearts' connections to others, I feel pain, but I also know from my Al-Anon work that I can't live their lives for them, I can't make their choices.

No more than I can tell the ocean to "Stop being wet, for godssakes!"

So the choice I make for today--because tomorrow I might wake up in a dark mood--is to try to add only positivity into the equation of my life. And today's an especially good day for it because I am switching from my worknight schedule to my dayplay schedule. As of 6:30 a.m. I'll be on vacation! (It'll be at about that time I have my lunch, having eaten my "deakfast" at 10 p.m. last night. In switching my body clock, I need to stay up 24 hours, spacing my meals about 8ish hours apart.) If circumstances around us all change in the next week, as they well may, I might find myself "stuck" in NoDak. Well, worse things could happen, I suppose. But maybe that's as it is supposed to be. I accede and accustom myself to Gaia's will for me.

I strive to have no expectations, and I strive to also not be disappointed should nothing occur in the next week. I must admit there's a part of me that wants something to happen. But if it does it does and if it doesn't it doesn't. I pray that violence is minimal and that truth has its day. We all have to get honest now, no matter how painful it may be. Better to feel some pain and awkwardness now, rather than a whole lot of suffering down the line. In piecing together my 8th Step, I see that I have a lot of pain to wade through, but that I've saved myself a lot more down the pike. I've gotten off a couple of the merry-go-rounds that have kept me mesmerized on a central pole. I sense I'm still on a couple of them, but they're no longer working the same way. I know too much. Yes, I'm very curious how all this will unfold.

I might not get a chance to post much in the next 10 days or so. My parents sent their laptop to my sister, and I don't know that they replaced it. I have my doubts. But if I get a chance to post something I shall.


No comments: