Monday, November 01, 2004

Samhain, Election Tarot Reading, thoughts

I co-priestessed a Samhain ritual on Saturday. Rituals really make me feel good. I had a good time planning it and leading the induction into the trance. Since I was doing this for pretty much the first time, there were things that I needed to rethink. Logistical errors that beginners make, sort of thing. But it was a deep and meaningful ritual, and I have been given an assignment by my guides (one of whom is Ben Franklin--been working with Benzel for over 13 years!) to sit at the ancestral campfire in meditation for the next fifteen days. I talked a bit with my maternal grandma and grandpa. Saw my dad's folks on another log toward the front of the fire, and I'll probably see other relatives who've crossed over. There were tons of people to talk to, some of whom were my "spiritual ancestors" and "soul ancestors" as well as the blood relations. I sense a lot of wisdom to be coming my way.

My great-grandmother Rose Dion Maxson was the one who spoke with me the longest though. She's a deeply earth-connected spirit whose energy still emanates in Devils Lake. I had an illuminating conversation with her about the magic of working one's blood into a place. I don't exactly know what she did about that, but I sense it's probably got a literalness quotient involved. Menstrual cycles and what-not, I imagine, adding to one's ties to a place. I'm curious to see how it evolves, this talk with the ancestors. And I'm curious about how a couple of desires will unfold over the coming year.

My card for the year was The Chariot from the Cosmic Tribe deck. http://www.stevee.com/pages/t.fs.html (click on "images" then "Major", then the number 7--Chariot is the 7th Major Arcana for a gander). Sense this year will see my connection to the various worlds I shuttle between taking a greater role in guiding the vehicle of this body. I will be working with some astral energies to manifest some dreams. Right now, those dreams include:

1. A healthy, loving, adorable, sexy partner (or more than one if my karma demands it!)
2. A plot of land in North Dakota while I keep my apartment in New York which becomes more fabulous with each passing day.
3. A lucrative outlet for my massive creativity that sustains and serves as I express the numinous connections to these other worlds.
4. The healing of "my spending wound" so that I may channel my finances and energies and tiem into pursuits more worthy of my investment.

****

On the topic of the Election, I threw a tarot reading using the ultra-busy Voyager deck. From the reading, I got the sense that Kerry would ultimately prevail, but there would be anger fueling the energy streams after the election. Somehow being connected to both earthly and cosmic energy contributes a solidity to the need to change our ways of being. The election and its aftermath will see a beginning of a more deeply spiritual and connected mode of existence on planet earth, but it won't go off without a hitch. Still, it's our responsibility to take the natural anger we feel and use it as fuel, not as a destructive force, but a force for transformation and healing. The planets and the stars and the earth itself are really in charge, and it's up to each one of us to divine within what the nature of our actions is to be in the next few days. I'm confident that Ben and other ancestors will be giving me directions to follow. Curiously, I'm re-reading Harry Potter 5 again for the 5th time! (I've read the other four 7 times a piece.) Lots of examples of standing up to the abuse of authority to follow there. I'll be moving in that direction I feel. As will tens (hundreds?) of thousands of others, here in New York alone I imagine.

One last item: I heard out-of-the-blue from an old friend who I thought was mad at me. Turns out he thought I was mad at him--this has happened before between us. We're going to have to have a talk about that, but it was amazing to hear from him and share with him what was going on in my life. Turns out he's on a similar path re: mediumship. I've been deepening my awareness of other worlds and working with guides, and now come to discover Damian has too. Wildness abounds!

No comments: