Friday, September 23, 2005

Crazy in/crazy out

Amidst all the tumult and change going on, I feel a compulsion to blog a little this morning. It's 4:45 as I start to type this, at my cubicle. I am making so many huge switches with this move upstate to New York's fifth or sixth largest city. (Or maybe eighth or ninth for all I know.) I'm switching from a night job to a day job, from working in the basement to working on the sixth floor of a building that sits right next to the Hudson River, AND conversely, I'm moving from the fourth floor of a building to a garden-level apartment WITH AN ACTUAL GARDEN!!! (Can you say "herb blogging," anyone?)

I have been reading various blogs, such as Ran Prieur, Tim Boucher, Pam's House Blend, Americablog, etc. The news is so odd. I'm feeling like so much of it's toxic. And yet, as I make this move, I have this odd hope and faith that things are unfolding in a beautiful and momentous manner. Perhaps there will be a big ol' Hurricane to barrel up into the Northeast. (After all, Hurricane Maria did hit Norway, eventually. One person died.) Perhaps the PNAC folks will jumpstart their pet nucular war project and turn the world into a fiery furnace. For some reason, I'm keeping my thoughts on a huge-ass divine intervention of some sort.

There's a lot of craziness in the world, both on the ground and in the ether. I have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm still optimistic and hopeful that there are some people out there, especially in the Albany/Troy area who will have enough awareness and acceptance in their vistas to reach out and grab my hand once I extend it to give/receive help. We are heading into a time where we will need to find people to give our protection to, the same people who will give us their protection and mutual blessing.

May we all find those people and soon.

No comments: