Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Gods & Goddesses Moving Heaven & Earth

I'm moving at last! O Albany, my new home town. I'm excited and terrified about the changes that I am welcoming into my life. They are coming after a long period of gestation and now, here I am nearing conception point. Another bend in the road, as my former boss Sydney Cohen said in a recent phone call. Life just never ceases to amaze me.

I'll be working at a new firm, living in a new apartment, keeping the same boyfriend but I'll be a lot closer than the 3 hour bus-ride via Adirondack Trailways. Wonder if I'll see him more or only just as much as I have been.

So, let me say thank you to New York City for having been a great host to my journey and to have been an alembic for the massive changes I've undergone in the past 5 years. Thank you to the folks at the present firm for having been supportive through these amazing years. And thank you to the spirits of the cities of the Capital District (esp. Albany & Troy, but also Menands, Colonie, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Schenectady, Loudonville, Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Greenwich, Rensselaer, Defreestville, Latham, Voorheesville, Ballston Spa, Averill Park, Brunswick, New Scotland and others) for working to make this move a reality. All I'm doing is getting into alignment with Mother Earth and whatever chthonic structures are pulling me toward this special tellurian place.

Yea! Onward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New York City's loss....