Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Last Day at Work

Today's such a bittersweet day. I have a job to go to in Albany, I start a week from Thursday. I have an apartment and a boyfriend. Last night I discovered one mover thinks he can move my stuff for $1400. (Cha-ching!) That is if I keep some furniture which I'm having a hard time unloading. I saw an ad on Craigslist for a junk mover to come get the stuff that I don't want to take. They see all the stuff as an investment and are willing to take it all free of charge.

I really do want to divest myself of all of it, actually. My cat's freaking out though. I think he understands my phone conversations and has been snarly of late because he knows I'm talking about "his" China closet, file cabinet, dresser and desk. Maybe I'm wrong.

I feel excited and scared--change does this to me. I want it and yet, in these moments I wish it was all over and done with. I have difficult choices to make, and the thing is I have to remember I'm not alone. Tonight at work, I received a wonderful gift from my coworkers. They took up a collection for my move. I'm moved to tears and beyond. All the cash I can get will come in handy for this transition. I'm in one of those hard places where I feel like it's not going to be enough, and I've created my own Perfect Storm.

Still not sure what the best option is for getting my stuff up there. I threw a quick tarot reading for the various choices. 5 Cups for going with the quoted mover, but without the stuff. 4 Swords for a Craigslist mover. 3 Disks for UPS and The Devil for the P.O. (I find that last one Hi-LARious!) Seems like Craigslist or UPS, though UPS will be more expensive than the PO. Craigslist seems like the best approach, provided I can get the right guy.

Seeing the Devil in my reading though, lightened my mood. ("Lightened my move" I typed first. Yeah, baby!) He reminds me to keep it light, ironically. Devil's Play is what the Voyager calls the card. Helpful. These 78 friends of mine do offer comfort every once in awhile. And the card for the day is the Queen of Cups. Counselor. So hopefully another answer lies with my AA meeting later this morning. (I drew a card for that--10 Wands. Burden. Perhaps to be lifted? I saw the owl on the card, see and feel appropriate guidance through difficulties.)

I can be trusted.

No comments: