Wednesday, March 01, 2006

10 Cups Rhiannon Beaver

Just a quick post to note a theme going on in my observation of life, which is Detoxification. I'm seeing it playing out across a lot of different websites and find it interesting that my Toltec Reading from a couple weeks ago seems to be right on target.

Also, I had a really amazing experience with the Pearl Pentacle today. My point of Love carried over into all the other points, and the guardians of Law, Knowledge, Liberty and Wisdom all gave me the thumbs up. Wild.

And I had a dream about living inside a play I wrote called Adrenaline: A Denver Play, where the characters inhabit a Denver, Colorado that is headquarters to a Fortune 500 Company that has cornered the market on Selective Human Pest Elimination (or what the rest of us laypeople refer to as "contract hits"). I dreamed that one of my coworkers was gabbing with another coworker about how excited she was to go on this whackjob!

Have no idea what it signifies--Thomas Moore suggests in Care of the Soul that we let a dream marinate over time. I have a couple of those now to ponder. The world of my dreams seems to be a tad less surreal than the world of my waking. At least from an Internet-access-to-news perspective.

2 comments:

qrswave said...

Detoxicification, like what goes on in the liver?

Cinnumeg said...

Short answer: I don't honestly know.

For what it's worth, I have an image of what goes on that involves the notion of cirrhosis. When a person drinks themselves into this state, they are turning their liver yellow. (Cirrh- is the Greek word for yellow, hence "cirrh-osis" = "yellow inflammation".") When a person stops drinking, the liver can set to repairing itself bit by bit. I have a feeling other factors need to be in play for that to be effective, however. I wonder at the system of liver-pancreas-spleen-kidneys, for example and therefore, I have my own wonderings about getting the sugar cravings out of the way, once the liver starts to "dry out."

That notion of drying out is what I'm thinking of. I don't know if the liver will return to its healthy blood-red color at some point. Perhaps it will, perhaps it just takes a horrendously long time that is eclipsed by the death of other systems that lead to systemic death. I'm not an expert of the body. I do know that the liver is the organ of the body that collects and disposes of toxins and waste materials from the blood stream. So perhaps the liver will find some sort of burden with all sorts of stuff that's been stored every which place inside the "toxified" body, and a person will feel sluggish as the liver works overtime to get all that crapola out.

("An overworked liver makes a live-er feel overworked"--Cinnumeg's blech-quote du jour.)

Sidenote: The liver is also the first organ that starts to decay upon the death of the rest of the body (and I know this because of a rather grisly job I held in college).

Anyway, thanks for posting, qrswave. I check your site every day. It helps me to understand that trusting my intuition is probably the most important thing I can do at the present time.