Friday, September 08, 2006

4 Wands Odin Otter - 12 Step Society and Astrology

(Wow. It was kind of fun to type "4 Wands Odin Otter"! Under the surface, there's clearly a day of mischief waiting.)

Last night, I spoke with both of my sponsors in my two 12-Step Programs. I would really like to start a new 12-Step Program for any who are interested. Interestingly enough, this fellow Casey Maddox seemed to have the same idea before me, and even wrote a book about it:
http://www.amazon.com/Day-Philosophy-Dies-Casey-Maddox/dp/0975301403/sr=1-1/qid=1157738371/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4477561-4725417?ie=UTF8&s=books

I actually have a play about something similar. It's about a woman who hits bottom, joins AA and starts to recover and then, miracle of miracles, gets fired. She works as a paper pusher for a company specializing in selective-human-pest-elimination (SHPETM) or what you and I refer to as "Contract Assassinations." The play is called Adrenaline and eventually I will publish it through a self-publishing website. It deserves to be published, actually, if not actually performed.

In any case, I've decided to start a new blog called "Empire Anonymous" (just in case Maddox owns a copyright on Civilization Anonymous. t-hee!)
http://empireanonymous-ea.blogspot.com

Anyway, the subject of my post today is the craft-poetic language known as Astrology. I've been meaning to post on this subject for a while with all the strange news about Pluto and Ceres and the "dwarf planets" and all.

I approach astrology as a craft, not as a science or art. Crafts combine both of those, actually, and therefore occupy an intermediate place. To craft a person-worthy understanding of the birth vehicle as evidenced by that snapshot in time of nativity is not unlike crafting the stageworthy play or the seaworthy ship. It is meant to be something that will help the native possessing that fleshly snapshot a mechanism for navigating life. The building blocks of this understanding are the planets, which I would describe as nodal foci of archetypal energies that operate in a style (zodiacal sign) which has quite a bit to do with seasonal understandings of the birth locale, and also in an arena of life (the astrological house) that covers a general area as understood by its location by axes north/south and east/west. To take an example from my own birth chart:

Uranus in Virgo in the 5th house for the Native born in Denver, Colorado:

Uranus is the archetype of the originator, the somewhat removed and revolutionary genius who can intuit as well as reason possibilities into being, the archetype of the "brethrenhood of humanity" as opposed to the mere individual, though often providing a stark representation of individual oddity. In Virgo, the archetype is expressed in a discriminating and sometimes exacting manner, as would befit farmers reaping their harvests (which takes place in the Virgo month, even in Denver, CO). That being said, Uranus in Virgo can get carried away sometimes with sudden and abrupt criticisms, often unasked for. In the fifth house, this Uranus will be looking to express itself in personal and self-directed modes but calling for others' captivated attention. Because of the Virgo influence, they'll take calculated risks, but in 5th House areas--gambling, children, theater and other performing arts, attracting power to the self.

This is in any case, a thumbnail of something I wrestle with. It's affected also by the fact that Uranus is conjunct Pluto and opposite Chiron and a Sun/Mars conjunction.

[In writing this, I wonder if someone who was born on the same day and time as me in say, Argentina, would have a different solar energy based on the fact that Pisces in the north is a "winter" sign (and indeed on the day I was born, it dumped 3 feet of snow), but in February, Argentina is in the "Virgo" time when they're gathering the harvest. At least I imagine that's true. I wonder if that's how the indigenous peoples of southern hemisphere locations do their cosmic craftings.]

Anyway, I will have more to post on stuff. I'll do that perhaps tomorrow. Tschuss!

No comments: