Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Empress Dian-y-Glass Butterfly - More on Astrology

One thing I wish to do for people when I consult with them is talk frankly about the times in which we live, and that I think studying the birth chart for its story can illuminate areas of expertise and wisdom for people to consider as we all negotiate the slide out of domestication and addiction.

Again, it would be for those who want it.

To those who are obsessed with their careers and their love-lives, I'm not sure that I'd have a lot to offer them. That's a superficial way to approach the craft of astrology anyway. And while I understand the notion of "career" as it relates to the 10th House, the present day notion of "career," like "nation" and "corporation", are at that same point in their history as the 8-track tape was in in 1976. In other words, just before they're to be rendered obsolete. We'll have to go through the houses and determine what their meanings will be "post-civilization."

Speaking optimistically, the 4th House will become the repository for all things civilized. The 4th House and its cusp (also known as the Nadir) represents the past and all things historical/hysterical. The 4th House corresponds to Cancer which is interesting in light of the diseases of carcinoma which share the same name. It also has an affinity with the moon, and themes of motherhood and smotherhood. Nurturance and sheltering and also neglect and abuse as well. The 4th House also relates to the Home, traditions of all sorts (whether living or ineffective), and some other soon-to-be-historical notions of patriotism and national identity. The 4th House represents the family and also prepubescence in terms of the life cycle. On the human body, it corresponds to the breasts/chest area.

As we participate in the civilization in its death throes, 8th House and 12th House issues will come to the surface, but eventually, civilization will be solely a 4th House issue. We might look to both our eighth house and again our fourth house (because the 4th house is 9 houses away from the 8th, and therefore would represent "the death of the larger system"), to discover what we have on offer for these large scale transitions. I have Sagittarius on the 8th House cusp, with Ceres located therein. Cancer is on my 4th house cusp. I can take a long view as to the nature of death and even provide some nurturance to people as they adjust to the new circumstances. My Jupiter (ruler of the 8th house in my chart) is in Aries and the 12th house, which also seems to indicate that making space for divine connection can also provide assistance albeit in an active and possibly even masculine manner. Perhaps I can be a contingent avatar of God Herself or Father-Mother God.

As far as my own reaction to the Death of the Larger System, it's deeply emotional as Cancer is perhaps the most deeply emotional of the signs. It's my personal belief that of the 12 signs, Cancer is the most quietly powerful. Leo, Scorpio and Capricorn try to throw their weight around openly and frequently crassly, but it's Cancer that evinces the still, quiet voice of authentic power. The moon is the closest body to the earth and it is as big in the sky as the sun is which is of course much bigger, and therefore much further away. The moon has a deep pull, and for me, the Cancer themes of the 4th House are magnified that much more. The Moon in my chart is in the 3rd House which means somehow I need to communicate my perceptions in the simplest manner possible, so that a child could understand them.

In any case, I'm currently using my own chart to start to come up with other understandings of how I can, as a caring craftsman working within Urania's Bailiwick, can assist others in their transition out of domesticity and to their lovely, free and perhaps feral essences. We will need to learn and listen deeply to one another, and we will need to reconnect with our Divine Natural Awareness (DNA!) and to discharge the destructive-necrotic-assasins that would wipe us all off the face of the earth.

I'm going to have to meditate on what the different houses might point post-civ'd folks toward and how the archetypal/apersonal forces as rep'd by the planets and the modes as rep'd by the signs will affect the populace. If any of you have thoughts it'd be much appreciated.

No comments: