Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Prince Cups Hades Dragon

(Today's a burner day. Feel kinda blegh, but I'm starting to rally.)

I was going to post another set of poems I've been writing, and I shall probably do so tomorrow. Right now I'm reading Derrick Jensen's Endgame v.1. I've read a couple of his other books--Culture of Make-Believe and A Language Older Than Words. Both were helpful in articulating some things that I've implicitly understood for a long while, that our culture is based on the continuation of abuse. If we want the abuse to stop, then it so follows we also want the culture to stop as well.

Recently I came across a luscious website in the astrology realm--aquariuspapers.com. Mr. Wilkinson refers to this age as "The Grand Irrationality." I couldn't do any better. It's pretty cool lately how astrology seems to be offering all these ways to piece it all together. The whole Pluto affair has been wildly amusing, if you ask me. Hades and Persephone are just laughing in the same way that I assume "God" laughs in the statement "Man plans, God laughs."

I'm starting to ask my dream source for actions to take to hasten the birth of the next iteration of land-based cultures. Whatever else happens, I've decided for myself I need to be preparing to help others come to terms with the difficulties that are in all our futures, regardless of what happens ultimately. I've started writing a collection of monologues with the premise that all of us are headed into "The Great Sorting" as it were. One of the characters literally puts on a sorting hat and removes it to find she's been whisked into another world for her continued existence. (I doubt it would literally be like that, still it's a lot of fun to imagine. I have seven or eight characters who find themselves in different versions of the Earth, and some of them even can look in on other iterations, like to see the fundamentalist [insert religious toxin here] world that results in new scapegoats being made with the ultimate ends of nuclear annihilation of these errant fools. There but for the grace of Cerridwen go I, eh?)

I did write a series of 7 very short works that I'll probably submit to Albanypoets.com for their next issue. The collective title is "Toxicities" and they're in response to reading one specific chapter of Endgame called "Abuse." I'll post them here, maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

Still, I would like to get back to this blogging stuff. Perhaps, now that the latest burner period has ended, I'll be able to. I don't know. I definitely go through phases with this stuff. I always want to post, but many times I just don't feel I have much to say that's worth the effort of all this typing. (I type for a living, so I hope some of you will cut me some slack.)

No comments: