Monday, February 06, 2006

A Mayan Correspondence System

Today, I had a rather mindblowing moment of meditation. I hadn't set out to do anything more than do my Ha prayer, hopefully do pentacle work (which I neglected, sadly), meditate for 20 minutes and write my morning pages (which I shorten to "AM pages"). I had a hard time focusing on my Ha prayer, and my meditation itself was all over the place. But I checked in with my pantheon, and I noticed a rather unusual occurrence.

What happens when I check in with the deities in my pantheon? I clear a space, and let whoever come forward. Sometimes all 9 of my deities would come forward. Sometimes a couple or even three or four. Today, Freyja came into my consciousness and she brought with her Odin (no big surprise there), Hades & Persephone. Now, I've actually worked with all four of these deities as a quartet before. I don't exactly understand how their energies work together, but they do seem to like each other. So I started asking about that.

It turns out, that my pantheon needed to expand today. It had actually been expanded without my knowing it--this sort of thing has happened with me before. But today, I was given another divination tool, to work as a sort of personal supplement with the Mayan Calendar.

I have written before about "my personal totem pole," and that I also have a second totem pole of "magical creatures." My personal totem pole includes from Root chakra to crown: Iguana, Goat, Beaver, Otter, Hawk, Bear, Deer. The Magical creatures are: Dragon, Chimera, Griffon, Fairy (don't ask me which kind--my fairy has a chip on hir/hes [sic] shoulder), Phoenix, Sphinx and Angel (again, I don't know the angel's name, but I have had only peripheral contact with the Entity). I also have 6 other animals/elementals that roughly correspond with the 4 directions, up and down: Starting with North, Butterfly, Jaguar, Fire Elemental, Wolf, Lamb & Earth Elemental.

Well: The animals add up to 20. I have a pantheon of 13. Together they form a system very similar to the Mayan Calendar, with its 13 tones and 20 day-signs. I don't exactly know how the two systems are meant to work with each other, and will have to do some research into this and let people know how it works. But there's another situation brewing in my consciousness at the moment, and I have some very powerful faith that "all is well." (OK, cue the sound of a gong/bell/multiple tintinnabulations aplenty!)

This is sort of how it works for the time being:

God/dess-Tones:
1-Dian-y-Glas; 2-Krom; 3-Cerridwen; 4-Hecate; 5-Hades; 6-Freyja; 7-Star Goddess; 8-Odin; 9-Proserpina; 10-Hermes; 11-West God (tbd--using Jesus for the moment); 12-Vesta; 13-East Goddess (using Rhiannon for the time being).

Day-signs:
1-Iguana, 2-Goat, 3-Beaver, 4-Otter, 5-Hawk, 6-Bear, 7-Deer, 8-Earth Elemental, 9-Butterfly, 10-Jaguar, 11-Dragon, 13-Chimera, 14-Griffon, 15-Fairy, 16-Phoenix, 17-Angel, 18-Lamb, 19-Fire Elemental, 20-Wolf

This is subject to change, as I get the day-sign and deity correspondences right. This is just a working draft for the moment. Will keep you posted.

Btw, my Mayan birthday is the day before my actual birthday this year. 2/22/06 = Freyja-Bear or 6-Death. Yipply-skippel-skip, Batzman, Batzman!

(Batz--Mayan for Monkey, Day sign 11. T. Hee!)

Update: I have decided to work with Jesus as my West God and Rhiannon as my East Goddess for the time being. This may change, but as I'm working with them already, it only makes sense. Also I changed the title of this post. Sometimes I just get into a mood. . .

No comments: