Sunday, July 25, 2004

Experiment with Food

The other day I decided to try something.  I don't know what to call this, maybe Orange Unlovely, because it didn't look all that appetizing.

Ingredients:
4 oz. ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 cup butternut squash
1 cup cooked millet (with 1 packet of Splenda and apple pie spice)
1 cup shredded carrots
2 T walnuts
2 tsp butter
1 apple, diced
1 tsp Atkins sugar-free vanilla syrup
1 tsp sugar-free maple syrup

Preheat oven to 350.  Use butter to grease the baking dish.  Mix ricotta with the syrups, squash and spices.  In a separate bowl whip the eggs, then fold into the ricotta-squash mixture.  Fold in the carrots and apples.  Sprinkle walnuts on top.  Bake for 45 minutes.  Then let cool.

***

I did this the other day, and it satisfied me, but I got impatient.  I took it out of the oven at about a half an hour.  Don't think it would have changed the taste any, but there you are.

2 proteins
2 grain
2 vegetable
1 fruit
4 fats

No comments: