Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hierophant Dian-y-Glas Iguana

I have a burner day coming up in 5 days. Yippee for me

Here's a poem I wrote yesterday (Knight of Wands Xochiquetzal Jaguar):

Xochiquetzal

Flowers have to be tough! Who knew?
This goddess takes no prisoners,
that much is for sure. No sappy
bitch of brood-tits she! Ho ho ho,
she’ll slap me upside this empty
space I call my MFA’d head,
send me on solo committee
toward unasked-for resolutions.
Like that other Little Flower
of small-town France, Xochiquetzal
may inspire the insipid ones--
annualéd pansies, snapdragons
froth out blither-nanities
as they will. I seek thorny rose
return or tulips’ recurrent
perennial philosophy.
“Thanks very much, Quaff my fragrance,
but take care of my sharpened pricks,”
she seems to say, Aztec goddess
of spring’s awaken and budding blooms.
She stared me down this grand morning
after my Ha Prayer and writing.
Nothing hostile, but not warm-fuzz
either. No nonsense, day-by-day
growth from one sunrise to the next.
That’s what I can expect these six
weeks from Litha to Lughnaghsad
with my visiting East Goddess
who’s with me from Midsummer to
Fall’s begin. Ah, bounty! Thou hast
a lyrical and dulcet name
I trill it into this northern
air and welcome the moments when
I’ll dance naked in the rainfall
to celebrate your arrival.
Xochiquetzal, Xochiquetzal!
Bless me with your supplest strength,
Ye lover of women and soft
men who love other fellows. I
Catch your scent and send it beyond.

No comments: