Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ace Wands Freyja Sphinx

Went to the Dandelion Gathering in Becket, MA this past weekend. A number of very interesting insights arose during this time.

1) I seem to need to address a "psychic infection" that would appear to be easily cured. I was in a healing ritual to address my creative wounds, and when the healer started to work on my aura, she basically "raked" my auric egg. Well, wouldn't you know but I discovered this awful structure that seems to be embedded even into my skin! I felt like as she was brushing through this cotton-candy-like gauze, that it was pulling my arms and legs with it. It really didn't want to let go. I saw a "spine" of something that looked like broken pieces of wood. This yielded to a brilliantly lovely orange and pink hibiscus, and then I saw a beautiful red-skinned man of either Hawaiian or native descent in a cape made of orange feathers with indigo eye-dots.

The really strange thing is the very next day, my boyfriend and I were walking around the pond at the YMCA camp there with a fellow who knew some things about biology. We saw a duck that fled from her nest and we thought we heard a beaver dive into the water. Other people actually saw the beavers. One of the things that we did see however was a tree that was "infected" with these caterpillars which had concocted some sort of white gauzy material around one of the tree's crotches. The caterpillars reminded me of the wooden structures I saw, though they seemed inert and dead in my vision.

Hawaii also seems to have not been too far away from the vision either, in curious ways. Two people who Jody and I hooked up with grew up there. Oddly enough they live a stone's throw away from my old alma mater. Very interesting that.

My best friend thinks the man in the orange feathers may have been Kamehameha or the Hawaiian deity Ku, or perhaps more likely, a figure connected to my second and sixth chakras. He was there to help me heal my creative wounds after all. He could also be Xochipili or some other mesoamerican deity, too. I don't know, but I had a kickass meditation with the fellow, who just likes to be called "Yal." And no, it's not short for Yaldabaoth--he said "Certainly not!"

2) I performed "Hecate's Prayer for the Common American" at this gathering as part of another celebratory ritual. I use my body as a percussion instrument for that piece. I have a couple of those I do this with. Got a lot of positive feedback about it. Need to pursue this somehow.

3) Another fellow witch told me to pursue another avenue for my hunger to teach. He's familiar with some Albany area schools and mentioned one I'd only vaguely heard of.

4) Almost immediately, people from Dandelion have started to show up in my dreams. One person was evidently instrumental in helping my declutter . . . something.

5) On the way home, Jody and I listened to Chanticleer's "Sounds of the Spirit." I had a curious reaction to one song called "Como Pod' a Groriosa" by Alfonso X the Learned of Spain. (It's listed as Alfonso XII which is wrong, I've come to discover.) It's written in a dialect called "Gallo-Portuguese." I feel that somehow this language is rather important to me on some level. I suspect a lot of my "automatic writing" might very well be in a language similar to this. I'm not sure, but I sometimes have seen this fellow in a doublet who goes on and on about Mirandola Mirandola, and I've wondered if it wasn't Pico della Mirandola himself. It could be I'm sure, but I remain skeptical. Though interestingly, my best friend mentioned encounters with famous people in his last meditation. I won't embarrass him by saying who, but I've been there!

So there's a lot to chew on there. More where that came from, but that's what I know so far.

No comments: