Friday, May 26, 2006

Fool Persephone Salamander

"Song for Krom"

Living in the city,
I can easily forget
I'm as much a part of
Nature as Green Man is,
so sometimes I've got to
get to trees and pasture
Everyone needs their
toes feel dirt

My poor feet feel trapped
inside these leather dress shoes
sometimes I just long for
Nature, Cernunnos' house
and before I know it,
feet have done carried me
onto a bus, next stop
mounds of earth!

Skippin' through the hills and the valleys
imbibing that mountain air
feeling the breezes, the sun on my skin
My head is now clearing!
My heart is expanding!
I need to strip naked and roll in in the grass!
I confer with a speaking brook,
tells me "You feel your feet!
Just be at one with the rocks, the trees, the leaves!"

'Cause before I know it,
I'll be back typing documents
and catching busses so that
nature where horned one dwells
has to live inside my
heart until next time
the urge does come
and come it sure will
like the next breath I take
so in pause, I need
to remember that the soles
my feet in woodland strolls
shall carry me through
days of concrete on end.

No comments: